March 6th is a day I will never forget. It was your 84th birthday and the last day I spent with you Grandpa. It was a day filled with both laughter and tears as we reminisced about days gone by. I am thankful for every moment of that day. That even though you were weak you were still able to sit with my boys and listen to their knock-knock jokes. That I was able to tell you I loved you, hug you and thank you for being such wonderful part of my life.
The morning we found out you had gone to Heaven I was sitting at the kitchen table crying. Dawson came up to me and said "don't be sad mommy, it's a happy day, Great Grandpa doesn't have to use his walker anymore." And it is that promise of healing and an eternity with Jesus that gives us joy in the midst of our sadness. Love you Grandpa and miss you so much.
Grandpa at his 80th birthday celebration with my mom, niece Ella and Dawson
Great Grandpa teaching Dawson to play the omnicord

0 comments:
Post a Comment