Wow, Nixon has reached the 7 month mark! It has been a while since I have posted an update on this little guy (poor neglected 3rd child). Here are a few highlights of some of the things he has accomplished in the past few months.
Weight: 17lbs (approx)
Mobility: He started rolling over at about 5 months and by 6 months he was rolling to objects that he would see on the floor.
Playing: He has become very good at grabbing toys or objects in front of him. Whatever he picks up almost always ends up in his mouth.
Teeth: He has been cutting teeth since 4 1/2 months, but still nothing has come through completely.
Eating: At 5 1/2 months he started eating baby cereal. It took him a few weeks to get used to the texture, but now he loves it. So far he has tried carrots, peas, apples, mango, blueberries, sweet potatoes, and corn. By far his favorite is carrots.
Allergies: It appears that he is growing out of his dairy allergy, as I can now eat food that contains milk ingredient. I have not tried real dairy, such as milk or cheese yet, for that I will wait.
Comforts: He loves to suck his thumb and snuggle his taggie blanket. The taggie blanket wasn't a surprise, as both his older brothers are taggie blanket addicts, but the thumb sucking is a first for us.
Personality: So far his personality is very laid back. He's rarely in a hurry to have his needs met. He knows mommy will get to him eventually. For example, most mornings he will lie in bed happily chattering to himself for the first hour of the morning while I get the other boys up and dressed. Sometimes I've gone in to get him only to find his diaper has leaked and he is soaking wet, still he doesn't complain. Clearly God knew I'd need an easy going baby for number three.
Nicknames: Peanut, Nixy and Senor Stinky Pants. Dawson sings him this little song that says, "Senor Stinky Pants, Senor Stinky Pants, we've seen your pants and they are stinky". Nixon thinks it hilarious.
Favorites: He loves his brothers and they definitely return the affection. He is happiest when he can lie on the floor and watch them play around him.
Dawson giving Nixon his first taste of big boy food.
Not so impressed

Little peanut
Little peanut

1 comments:
He is adorable Karalee!
We have to make a trip to Red Deer soon to see you guys!
Post a Comment