Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Conversations With A Three Year Old....

This conversation occured on an outing to the library.
Librarian: "Is this your little brother?"
Dawson: "Yes"
Librarian: "He is so cute."
Dawson: "Oh I know and he's so generous too." (I pretty sure he has no idea what that means)!

This conversation occurred when Dawson was showing me a picture he had colored at church.

Mom: "Dawson that is a nice picture you colored. Who is the picture of?"
Dawson: "Moses"
Mom: "Oh, so what did you learn about Moses?"
Dawson: "Mom, I will pretend to be Moses. I was walking in the sand and God made a fiery bush. I walked around in my bare feet because I didn't want to get burned. I got really scared so my mom came, put me in a basket and got a girl to come and watch me to make sure I was safe."

Hmmm... a little out of order, but at least I know he's mostly listening!

This conversation occurred between myself and the other three year old, Sophie, that I spend my days with.

Sophie: "Karalee do you know if the baby in your tummy is a boy or a girl?"
Karalee: "I don't know yet, but in a few weeks, I'm going to see the doctor and he will look inside my tummy with a special machine and tell me if it is a boy or girl."
Sophie: "I know how the doctor can tell that it's a boy or a girl."
Karalee: "Really"
Sophie: "Yep, the boys have short hair and the girls have long hair."

1 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Loved each one of these!

Cooper is a generous boy, I'm sure.

Dawson sure does know the book of Exodus. The order will come eventually.

Sophie is wise beyond her years.

LOL!