Over the past year, I've been trying to come up with creative ways to earn a little extra money while working from home. I looked into several different options, but found nothing that sparked my interest or that I felt I could fit into my busy day with the kids. One day I was praying about it and God brought this question to my mind, "why don't you start your day home again?" After having Cooper, I was convinced that running a day home would be too overwhelming. I was already busy enough keeping up with the house and the boys, how could I balance everything with more kids. But, I told God I would pray about it for a couple weeks and if I still felt like this was something He wanted me to do, then I would pursue it. 2 weeks passed and I still felt strongly that this was what God wanted. It just happened that my friend Heidi (I used to watch her daughter Sophie) was looking for a day home for her two kids in the new year, perfect timing!
Much to my surprise, but not God's, I thoroughly enjoy my new job (most people look at me like I'm crazy when I say that).
Why I love my new job....
1. It gives me a forced structure and routine
2. I am no longer the all day playmate for my 3 year old (which gets very mentally draining)
3. The kids are so tuckered out after a morning of play they all have quiet/nap time willingly. The 3 yr. olds for 1 hour, the 1 year olds at least 2 hours)
4. Thanks to this quiet time I take a 30 minute nap every afternoon and clean for 30 minutes uninterrupted!
5. I get to spend the whole day with my kids
6. Breathing room in our budget!!!
Don't get me wrong, my day is always guaranteed to have crazy moments. I have had to do some major "sharing with others" training with the 3 year olds. But overall the good outweighs the bad. And your probably wondering what I'm going to do in August when baby #3 arrives. I plan to take some time off and then start back up again. I need Sophie and Oliver here to entertain the boys while I look after the new little one.
Here are a few shots of the kidlets playing dress up.....
DIY Sliding Closet Door
6 years ago

2 comments:
Great photos Karalee! Gald to hear you are enjoying the dayhome so much! Talk soon! Angela
Girl - if I didn't know you I'd say that you're crazy, too! But you have a gift with children, a special kind of patience that I don't think I've seen in anyone else. I am so happy to hear that you are using your gifts! :)
Post a Comment