Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Introducing Cooper

We are thrilled to announce the arrival of Cooper David Wilfred Andrus. Here are the details:

Name & Meaning:
Cooper- meaning barrel maker, chosen not for it's meaning but simply because we liked the name!
David- named after daddy and Great Grandpa Rachar
Wilfred- named after Grandpa Andrus

Weight: 5lbs, 14oz
Length: 18 1/2 "

A bit of a surprise: I always had it in my mind that Cooper would arrive a bit early, but his arrival on Sunday took us completely by surprise. On Saturday I was have some cramping and mild contractions, but by Sunday they were gone and I felt back to normal. Sunday night at 10:30pm I woke up with contractions again, only this time I knew it was the real thing. We called Grandma Andrus and she came over to stay with Dawson. We headed to the hospital and within 3 1/2 hours Cooper made his arrival, exactly 4 weeks before his actual due date.

Cooper was given a clean bill of health by the ICU doctor and we were able to take him home the next day, we feel so blessed!








2 comments:

kimberley said...

you look so beautiful karalee!! and cooper is so adorable! can't believe how tiny he looks in his car seat.

so glad that he's healthy and you are doing well:) congratulations on your newest addition!!

The Olson's said...

Yay!!! We can't wait to meet him!!