Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wee Sign!!!

This past summer Dawson and I took a Baby Sign Language Class at the library. I must admit I was a little skeptical at first, but thought I would give it a try, besides all my friends were doing it! Well, I have to tell you I have been pleasantly surprised, actually amazed at how effective it is.

So far the signs I have worked on with Dawson are eat, finished, drink, milk, bubbles, bath, more, and potty.

A few Sundays ago we were visiting with some friends after church. Now, if you know my husband then you know he likes to chat. Which generally means we are often among the last people leaving the church. Usually by then I am getting a little bored and very hungry! I was thrilled to find out that I am not alone in my boredom and hunger, because Dawson kept looking at his daddy and doing the "eat" sign over and over again, so funny!

And the icing on the cake, today Dawson told me that he needed to use the potty! Sure his timing was a little off, because he had pretty much completed his business, but still that is amazing!

So for any of you mom's with little ones, I would highly recommend Baby Sign.

1 comments:

kimberley said...

i'm so impressed that you were able to get dawson to sign...i finally gave up with lyla! hopefully i'll have more success with livie:).