Easter means so much more to me now than it ever has before
Because of Dawson
Only now do I truly realize how great a parents love is for their own child. They will sacrifice everything for them, provide everything they need, and all they ask is that they be loved in return.
If I can love my child this much, how much more must God, my Heavenly Father, love me. God did make the ultimate sacrifice by giving His Son Jesus over to death on a cross, so that our sins would be forgiven. I can't imagine how painful that would have been for Him to watch His son suffer like that. But because of this ultimate sacrifice we all can have forgiveness from sin, peace, and the promise of heaven. And what does God ask in return? Simply, relationship with Him.
I also know that whatever Dawson may do now or in the future, I will always love him and will always accept him. This is just like Jesus, who no matter how my relationship with him has been, no matter what I have done, or how long I have been away from him, he will always take me back.
My hope is that over this Easter weekend you too will be able to look beyond the chocolate bunnies and Easter egg hunts and remember the incredible sacrifice that was made for all of us.
Happy Easter! Love Dave, Karalee and Dawson
Happy Easter! Love Dave, Karalee and Dawson

2 comments:
So well said, couldn't agree with you more. Love D&M
i love the look on dawson's face as he's laughing!
love what you wrote about being a mom - the emotions behind becoming a mom are so powerful, and it really does help me understand how much God cherishes me. you put it so well into words:).
~kim
Post a Comment