What are the chances? Have you ever caught yourself saying that? I know I have many times when little things happen that are unplanned and out of the ordinary. Like the time I was wishing I could buy a new phone for the basement, one with caller display, so I didn't have to deal with telemarketers while I was downstairs playing with the boys. We had just moved into our new place and money was a little tight. I knew it was a want, not a need, so I refrained from purchasing it. The next day on my way to the hairdresser I decided to stop at a garage sale. And guess what I happened to find? A phone just like what I had been hoping for and it was only a dollar! Or the time we were in Calgary shopping at one of Dave and Dawson's favorite stores and just happened to run into my Aunt, Uncle and cousins there! It was such a blessing to get to visit with them, even for a few minutes.
Today, I had another experience like that. Let me rewind a bit. Last night, as I was sitting in a women's ministry meeting, I thought to myself, my toes are cold I really should get a pair of little slippers that I can tuck into my purse and take with me when I'm out at a friends house. This morning I was attending my Wednesday morning mom's group and we were having a gift exchange. When I opened my gift I was amazed to find a beautiful pair of hand made slippers, the perfect size to slip in my purse! What are the chances!
Over time I have learned that all of these things in life, whether they be physical things I receive or a chance encounter with a friend do not happen by chance. They are God's way of telling me that He loves me and cares even about the silly little things that my heart desires. God knows I can afford to go out and buy myself a pair of slippers if I really want them. But, I believe He chose to use this gift from an anonymous person to remind me of the kind of God He is!
I hope that you are reminded of that this Christmas season as we take time to celebrate a Saviour who cares for EVERY aspect of our lives. (Psa 37:4-6) Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
DIY Sliding Closet Door
6 years ago

4 comments:
Dont you just love it when God speaks like that?! How precious you are to Him.
Hey - how was the meeting. I want all the dish! :)
Awesome post! Your feetsies look mighty cute in those slippers!!
A God moment...its great when we recognize them...so often I think we miss them because we are too busy or too preoccupied...enjoy!
Hey Karalee,
Great God moment. I bet those slippers are cozy and warm. Enjoy.
Post a Comment