It's almost the middle of November, so it's time to start thinking about Christmas!!! We have several traditions for the holiday season and packing shoes boxes for Samaritans Purse is one of them. I was wondering how Dawson would do this year with the whole buying toys and then not being able to play with them, but he totally surprised me. Once we explained what we were doing and why we were doing it, he didn't ask once if he could keep the toys for himself! He told Dave and I that there is a little boy out there who is really sad, but once he gets this shoebox he will be really happy! What a great way to teach the spirit of giving!
We found a great little Veggie Tales movie clip that really put things in a preschoolers perspective:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8-wpMrzBE&feature=related
DIY Sliding Closet Door
6 years ago

2 comments:
Safety first!!!! lol :)
Love the photos Karalee. Sabrina still didn't quite get the idea of the shoeboxes. Next year will be different I am sure.
Angela
Post a Comment